Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CSA Harvest

It has been my intention to post each week's CSA harvest online so members (and friends and family) can see what is growing in the garden, and get ideas for how to use fresh produce.  It's taken me a few weeks to put my intention into practice.  In the meantime, here's what was picked today:

1/2 pound spinach - the last of my greenhouse harvest

1/2 pound pea shoots - toss fresh in salads, or lightly stir fry over high heat
1/2 pound braising mix - last season's kale tops, plus the first cut of this years kale and chard
1 bunch green garlic - mild garlic flavor, slice like a scallion or leek

Today I cleared out beds in the greenhouse with my dear helper Serena.  We are prepping to plant out tomatoes!  Temperatures over 60 degrees felt practically tropical, and the feel of sun on bare shoulders was absolutely delightful.  Keep posted for pictures of the transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment